Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know, we have not updated our blog in a year an a half. Rather than take on the overwhelming task of updating the entire span of what was missed, I'll start from where we're at now.

Warning...if you don't want to read about my spiritual experience...then stop reading.

It is 5:02 a.m. and we've been up all night with Jude who is very congested! Poor guy! Most people would think getting up in the middle of the night with their baby is normal. Not so with this little fella, he has slept through the night since about 6 weeks! Anyway, since I'm up and cannot go back to sleep, I've been thinking about the new year and resolutions. I told Chris earlier today my resolution was to not take things for granted. If this past year has taught me anything, it is that my little family is so blessed. I have been told a few stories of people who had the same problems as Jude 30+ years ago. The doctors didn't know what to do then, and those babies died. Luckily I didn't hear these until after we got Jude home safe and sound! But it really got me thinking of how thankful I am for modern conveniences and modern medicine. Looking at Jude now, you would have never known he had a rough start. Everything really fell into place for us. When Chris graduated from USU in 2010, we were wanting to stay in Logan. However, we looked around everywhere. Places that were serious about offering Chris a job included: Morgan, Tooele, West Wendover, and some other small towns. His job in SLC was the first to offer and we took it. It was perfect that we ended up in SLC, close to Primary Children's Medical Center where they took great care of Jude. I couldn't imagine not living as close as we do to the hospital! There were parents in the NICU from Nevada and Idaho. My doctor was also great. He is located at IMC, but they had me deliver at the U of U because it is connected to PCMC. My doctor fought his way into the delivery room to be there for me, literally! I honestly know that Chris, Jude, and I have been blessed immensely! When it rains it pours, there were times when I thought it couldn't have gotten worse, and there were other times when I felt as though I didn't deserve as many blessings as we were receiving all at once. I know there was a lot of divine help and I know now more than ever that God personally knows me and cares about everything happening to me. So, on with 2012 and my gratitude!

No comments: