Monday, November 17, 2008

An average day...

Ever since it has gotten cold out, and our radiator has been on, our apartment has been boiling HOT!!! We don't control our heat, because we live in an old house, we have two radiators that are controlled from upstairs. Well Chris asked if they could turn it down...they said that the upstairs was freezing. So to confirm the heat, they gave us this thermometer, and SERIOUSLY...73-78 degrees! Our bedroom radiator wasn't turned on I guess because it is colder. So today I took my lunch to come home while the heating guy came. He showed me how to 'allow a lesser flow' in our radiator and told me that I couldn't turn it all the way off or it causes problems. Well when he went to check the one in our bedroom I told him that it had never been on, so he turned it on...and then adjusted the other apartment and the upstairs. About 1 - 2 hours later I get a call at work from Chris. "Um...there is a problem." I'm thinking he must have to work late, he didn't finish his big paper, something that really wasn't that big of a deal. Brooke: "What happened?" Chris: "Well..." Brooke (more frantic): "WHAT HAPPENED!!!" Chris: "The radiator leaked...everywhere" Brooke: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERYWHERE?!!!" Our dumb radiator got water everywhere, when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere... Look at this massive thing and there are two of them in our little apartment!

I come home and all of our stuff is thrown onto our bed...so as to not become damaged by the water. Luckily our land lady's dad works for Chem Dry (my plug for the company) so they sucked the water out with this big vacuum thing. Then they gave us these carpet dryers that are gigantic, and the lowest setting is seriously mach 10! Those suckers are loud. Chris came home to two of these babies running and the poor little TV on at full volume (100)...I may have blown a speaker. I couldn't miss my new favorite show! The Big Bang Theory! Seriously way funny! I may or may not have blown the speaker in our big screen (19" TV...I know you're jealous). I know it probably wasn't the best idea, but after an 1 1/2 of listening to the mach 2 million dryers while reading was a little much! So that was our Monday...pretty good... The only this that could make it worse is if my car broke down...oh wait! That happened last week...we're still waiting for the part.

Don't miss my post below on Chris's birthday...definitely better than this!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Wow! Yea for a lot of posts! I love the one about your primary class! I laughed so hard! Also I can't believe how goofy Nathan is, well I can but still. Can't wait to see you in one month!